Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mr. B's Choir (& Bad Hair) Days from 1992....

Just for fun, I thought I'd post MY choir from my college days, while I was studying music in SUNY New Paltz. I was in the concert choir for 2 years, and this concert was in May of 1992. We were under the direction of Lee Pritchard, who was one of my favorite professors in college. The piano player is...... some guy...... but he was really, really good....... and stuff....

And if any of my students or former students make one crack about my hair.... I'm talking to YOU, Tyrell!

A 30 second song that took eons to get right! I think it's by Charles Ives and called "Mr. Reilly".


This is my favorite American folk song.... "Shenandoah". I've done this song with my own chorus years ago, and based my 2 part arrangement on this version, maybe by Aaron Copland. (I wish I could remember these things. See, boys and girls? Pay attention in music class!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL PPL HAV BAD HAIR DAYZ UR NOT DA ONLY 1 AIIGHT!EVEN IF U HAV A BAD HAIR DAY OR A BAD DRESS DAY. WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE U NO MATTER WAT. UR THE BEST :)

LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

u did not have a bad hair day.u just bad hair. just jocking!