Friday, March 05, 2010

Lisztomania!



Here's a fantastic song by Phoenix, and a fantastic rendition by the PS22 Chorus of 2010! The song is called, Lisztomania! I truly love this point in the year. The kids pick stuff up really quick -- only two rehearsals to get this performance! And you know the kids are coming into their own when every new video posted becomes a new favorite! Btw, this is my new favorite.... ;)




UPDATE (3-6-10): Thanks to our friend Perez Hilton, who tweeted about our new video earlier today!




UPDATE 2 (3-6-10): "Lisztomania" is already picking up some impressive YouTube honors, including the #10 Top Favorited Music Video Today!



UPDATE 3 (3-7-10): We're very honored to have gotten a message from Simon White from the band's management, who was kind enough to share this message:

Hi There. I'm one of Phoenix's managers and just wanted to say how much we all loved the performance of Lisztomania. I wept within the first 30 seconds! It's absolutely stunning, the arrangement is fantastic and the singing is just incredible.

The band and I were absolutely blown away - WOW!!!!

It's an absolutely astonishing version and definitely my favourite "remix" of any of their songs. Please give the chorus our best wishes and sincere thanks.

Simon White
(Coalition Management)


The band has since gone on to post the kids' version on their webpage! So BIG congrats to the kiddos!!


15 comments:

Melissa said...

All of you ALWAYS put a huge smile on my face when I hear(& see!) you sing;) Keep up the FANTASTIC work and keep reaching for those stars!!!!

Prash S said...

Awesome! Always makes me smile, lovin' all of your songs!!

Distinctive Specialties said...

Awesome work! I applaud both students and teachers for All the hard work! Continue to put your best foot forward in all you do and you will always land on top!

Unknown said...

I'm always happy to see a new video...you guys ROCK! :)

Anonymous said...

what a great letter from Phoenix management... you should be proud.

trillium10
(Toronto, Ontario)

Suz said...

WOW!!!! It's always awesome to know that the artists see and appreciate the time and effort y'all put into every heartfelt performance.

Good call on this one-- love the tempo changes ;)

Cheers to another smash hit!

the band...The Kinsey Scale said...

Beautiful, fabulous and moving! It brings tears of joy each time I watch. You've done Phoenix proud! To see a room bursting with pure potential is thrilling. Anyone who is skeptical of maintaining arts education in our schools is CRAZY! Thanks to the kids and their leader!

Amy said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this! What a great bunch of kids who definitely have a great teacher. :-)

JJ said...

This is awesome!!!
Maybe you guys can do a version of this Portuguese band: www.myspace.com/thetimaria :D

All The Best!!

JJ

Dr. Frank Buck said...

March is national "Music in Our Schools Month," and throughout this month, I have posted various examples of exemplary school music. Several of these posts talk about PS22 and showcase this wonderful group of students. Thanks for what you do for your own school and the example you set for others.

Dr. Frank Buck
FrankBuck.blogspot.com

lucresse said...

hi mr. b, it lucresse! i loooooove the way the chorus sang lisztomania! its very catchy and i got it stuck in my head, which is a good thing because i like it so much! :)

LdyLisa said...

I have to say I am a new blogger and was just poking around when I came across your blog of your choir. I watched the video of Lisztomania. I posted it on my Facebook right away. I hope that the Children know and appreciate what a wonderful passionate teacher they have in you .. As much as you love your choir I hope they love you just as much.. ALL TEACHERS, no matter what the subject, should take notes from you... Great job.. I am a follower.. Signed, Music is my Life.. Lisa...

Anonymous said...

I've got a suggestion for another song : "Into the fire" from Thirteen Senses.

the French Supporter of Germany.

Lauren said...

I am glad that Phoenix had tears in their eyes when they watched this because I did too. Truly amazing. There are a lot of great bands that the kids have covered. Beach House and Passion Pit, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, and the Beatles! What an eclectic little library they have created!

Rowein said...

Thank you very much for this version of this song (I love the original and I love this one). Found your video cheer me up like you don't know, because I have a bad experience this past days... thank you very much and keep your voices loud and bright to everybody hear you :)

Cheers from Chile!! <3

(And sorry for my bad english ´_`)