Friday, October 09, 2009

PS22 Chorus Runs The Town!



Check out the new hit from the PS22 Chorus of 2010, thanks to another Perez Hilton bump! This time it's "Run This Town" by Jay-Z, Rihanna (to whom the chorus sang for in June), and Kanye West! The kids tear it up, and Karinna completely wows on the solo!! Make sure you catch the kids singing with Jay-Z's other half, Beyonce here if you missed it!




And below is a screencap of the Perez post!




Already the video is accruing YouTube honors, including the #1 Most Viewed Music Video on YouTube, and #7 Most Viewed Video overall!! UNBELIEVABLE!!



UPDATE: In addition the chorus's YouTube channel is the #1 Most Viewed Musician's Channel on YouTube, on Sunday, October 11th!



UPDATE: Just found this video of Karinna from our 2004 Holiday Choral Concert, when she was just 5 years old! So adorable, and yet the talent was obvious even then!




UPDATE: As per Suz's request, here is Karinna's performance from our second American Idol finale, with the young lady herself singing, "I Still Believe" by Brenda K. Starr (and later covered by Mariah Carey).


10 comments:

Jes said...

This is just beautiful! I just found out about PS22 today and I have been posting it all over my facebook. Keep rockin' the music and having fun - this is education and it's best! Peace!

~Jes

Suz said...

this was as precious as can be but what about her idol performance of "I still believe"???

Jax said...

You are so inspiring, all of you. Amazing.

Zendrig said...

Jes, I envy you for discovering PS22 just yesterday. There's so much in store for you!

Suz said...

seriously--- 94,000+ views in a little over 24 hours--INSANE!!!!

Zendrig said...

This might even give "Just Dance" a run for its money.

Tamara from Maryland said...

Wow I just discovered this amazing chorus today. They are a group of indescribable talented kids.
And through the videos I see this amazing amazing genuine teacher. You are so passionate about your students and it is so great to see them in love with what they are doing. You are giving these kids opportunities they will remember forever. You are a great teacher and never forget who you are and stay that genuine person god has made you to be. It is great to see there are still amazing genuine hearted people left in the world. I hope when I have kids one day they come across a teacher just like you.

Zarah said...

Hi! Here we sit in Sweden, watching this wonderful chorus. We absolutely love your work and that great kids!! Say a big hello from Sweden and we'll continue to spread the word around about PS22!!

Loads of love,
Zarah, Martin, Frida and Joakim

Abbey in Dallas said...

Congratulations on your success, it is well deserved! You guys are simply awesome and so talented. My favorite is "Run this Town" :) The energy and the enthusiasm displayed by both the kids, and their teacher is wonderful and inspiring. I have never seen anything like it at their age. And, what a great teacher to bring this gift out of these children - I am sure they will always remember your class! (PS. How about Jay-Z "Empire State of Mind" for your next rendition?). Keep up the awesome work!!

Unknown said...

You're an inspiration. Plain and simple. I am a second year teacher and have a deep rooted passion for music. We do a song of the week each week and I am always looking for new songs. I am sure you probably don't give out your actual sheet music, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask... I would love to teach them "Run This Town". Either way, you guys are wicked awesome and I have a deep respect for you. Keep on keepin' on :)