Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Somebody That I Used To Know



Here is the ultra-cool song, "Somebody That I Used To Know" by indie artist Gotye (featuring Kimbra)! As the original version of this song has gotten countless plays on my iPod, I felt compelled to bring it (slightly edited) to the PS22 Chorus of 2012! And the kids certainly made the most of it! Kahlil is perfect on the leads and Daniel-san keeps raising his game on the drums! Big thanks to Mr. Eberle for joining in on the acoustic guitar and Ms. Lisa for filming!




Gotye and Kimbra tweeted and Facebooked (is this an acceptable verb??) about our latest vid! Gotye calls PS22 "the coolest kids on the block," and Kimbra exclaims it "a wonderful cover!"






UPDATE: Thanks to our best bud and fan, Perez Hilton, for posting a fantastic review of the video on his blog!




UPDATE: Ryan Seacrest also tweeted and blogged about our latest cover! So cool!!



7 comments:

Claire said...

Such a huge fan of you all! Love your version of this song.

Anonymous said...

Thats a catchy song! I luv that song...If u play it over and over again u start to know the whole song...And in the video Kimbra looks like Katy Perry from the side...

Angel 5A-127

Lucresse said...

hey Mr.B!!!! It's Lucresse :) Remember me? i'm in 7th grade now. i miss you guys :) this years' chorus is fantastic! do you know who Ingrid Michaelson is? she is a fantastic singer and her songs have alot of harmonies so i think of the chorus when i listen to her music. this years' chorus is great, though. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! RYAN SEACREST!!! OMG!!!!! OMG!!! RYAN SEACREST....HAII!!! WE LOVE YOU AND ZIOO CAST!!! SOOO EXCITING!!!!

Angel 5A-127

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I CANT GET "SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW" OUT OF MY HEAD!!! ANGEL UR TOTALLY RIGHT, IT IS A VERY CATCHY SONG!!! CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!

Chantal 5a-127

Sarah said...

Hello Mr. B and fabulous singers,

I'm a big big fan of your songs!!
I also work as a fifth grade teacher, in a nice school in Antwerp, Belgium. At the moment I am at home because my baby was born in january. But I'm looking forward to go working with my children again in september... Then I will teach them some of the songs you have been singing. Your blog is really an inspiration to me! Thank you!

Keep up the good work!

Mrs Sarah
Antwerp, Belgium

It's me Vic said...

This is the truth....I heard this version of the song before I ever heard the original. I finally heard the original and I don't like it as well. This has been stuck in my head for weeks! Love it!