Friday, May 06, 2011

Awake My Soul



Here is the great song "Awake My Soul" by the amazing Mumford And Sons requested by and dedicated to our very own Ms. Lisa! With yet another fantastic cover, it's safe to say the PS22 Chorus of 2011 is on a thunderous roll -- especially when considering the kids put this performance together in about an hour's time! Props and thanks to Marquis on the bongos, Mr. Eberle on the guitar, and of course Ms. Lisa on the camera -- a winning combination! "We love you Ms. Lisa!!"




UPDATE: Very proud to see that Mumford and Sons caught wind of this video, as it appeared on M&S keyboardist Ben Lovett's Facebook page! And he says it's "awesome...." Fantastic!!


5 comments:

Miss Coffey said...

My favorite Mumford and Sons song. You guys singing it brought tears to my eyes. What sweet sweet children!

zamre said...

sons song.
Zamre Bin Ab. Wahab

Kyle said...

Enjoying your videos. I'm amazed at the talent of the students you teach there. I teach high school theatre in Texas and what strikes me is the passion and way each kid makes the words personal in each song. Regardless of whether or not the student is the soloist each one is contributing. I'm going to show some of these to my high school students to learn about how important each individual is to making the whole. Sometimes my kids tend to forget that and think if they aren't in the spotlight they can set back and blend it. Keep these coming.

Kyle Martin
Houston, TX

Amandine said...

Oh my goodness! i just discovered this choir and have been watching videos of you guys for the past hour!! I am absolutely blown away by the amazing talent that you have!! I am excited for upcoming songs and will continue to follow your great skills! thanks for sharing this with the rest of the world:)

Miss Lischner said...

Hey just came across your site! Your choir is amazing, I love the amount of energy they put into singing! You should definately try "Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home" with your choir, I could imagine how great you would make it!